By Siddharth Birla
Here is our pick for some of the best venues for destination wedding in Jaipur that’ll make sure your special day is as dreamy as you had imagined.
Weddings in India are a grand affair. It is THE biggest party a couple are going to throw in their lifetime and needless to say, their families start saving for it from the moment the idea of marriage germinates in their mind. The race is to make it bigger and better than your friends’ wedlock. Thus, not only are more foreigners coming to Indian shores to tie the knot, but Indians themselves are looking for exotic wedding destinations to say ‘I Do’ in style.
And if you’ve always wanted to have that fairytale wedding, the royal city of Jaipur has to be your best bet. With its resplendent regal palaces and romantic gardens, the Pink City is the perfect locale for a union which is both magical and rooted in Indian traditions.
Here is our pick for some of the best venues that’ll make sure your special day is as dreamy as you had imagined.
Designed to echo the traditional havelis of Rajasthan, this 5 star luxury property is one of the best destinations the city has on offer. While the central location and close proximity to major transport hubs are big plus, every element of the hotel exhumes royalty. Opulent rooms and hallways, huge marriage lawn, fine single malts and succulent food, your wedlock at Rajputana is meant to be fairytale.
- Top class in-house multi cuisine catering.
- Seating capacity of 400 guests.
- Large Accommodation Capacity – 218 rooms
- Central Location and proximity to Railway and Bus Stations
- Ample Parking Space
Address: ITC Rajputana, Palace Road, Jaipur
Jai Mahal Palace
Dating back to 1745, Jaipur’s Jai Mahal Palace is a gorgeous heritage with 18 acres of lush Mughal gardens ideal for an outdoor wedding reception. Perfectly located downtown in the heart of the Pink City in Civil Lines, you are close to the main shopping areas and prime historical sites such as Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal and City Palace while the Airport is a mere 30 minutes away. The plush property offers couples a unique wedding package which includes everything from organising a gala baraat; with festively decorated elephants and camels, to providing a special buggi or horse-driven carriage ride.
- Proximity to train station and airport.
- Floating capacity to accommodate about 2,500 guests.
- Ample accommodation capacity with 94 luxurious rooms and 6 suits.
- Outdoor parking facility for up to 120 cars
Address: Jai Mahal Palace, Jacob Road, Civil Lines, Jaipur
Originally built in 1835, Rambagh Palace offers a scenic backdrop, and its large selection of indoor and outdoor venues along with the Sawai Man Singh Function Centre are ideal for royal destination weddings. Special menus, wedding planners, traditional wedding processions with elephants—Rambagh offers it all.
- Central location near Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
- Offers vintage car rides around the hotel.
- Ample accommodation capacity with 78 stunning luxury rooms and suites.
- The hotel has hosted several illustrious guests, such as Lord Louis Mountbatten, Prince Charles and Jacqueline Kennedy.
Address: Rambagh Palace, Bhawani Singh Road, Jaipur
Built in 1727, Raj Palace was one of the city’s first palace and reflects elements from the Mughal period in its design and interiors. The elegantly decorated palace offers a grand reception for the guests while the presence of local folk performers keeps them thoroughly entertained. In contrast a sophisticated and close party wedding with DJ and cocktail could also be an option for the newly-weds.
- 29 Rooms / Suites with 38 bedrooms overlooking gardens, courtyards, and the pool.
- On-site entertainment includes a theatre and marionette show.
- Crockery Museum inside the restaurant offers a peek into the kind of crockery used in 17th and 18th century.
- The kebab shop serves delectable Mughal cuisine cooked by chefs from Lucknow.
Address: The Raj Palace, Jorawer Singh Gate, Amer Road, Jaipur
Minutes away from the international airport and major cultural attractions, this 5-star property is a fine blend of traditional & contemporary style reflecting rich cultural heritage of Rajasthan through its grand haveli architecture and resplendent interiors. Its ballrooms can be clubbed for various wedding functions and ceremonies while the party lawn can accommodate more than 900 guests. It also has in-house team of wedding caterers that offer a complete personalized menu for the big day.
- The hotel boasts of 231 spacious rooms and suites, state-of-the art facilities and three dining & entertainment options.
- Spread over 12000 sqft, its spa offers aroma, ayurvedic, herbal & natural therapies.
- Parking capacity for 300 vehicles with complimentary valet services.
- A choice of wedding venues on offer, from the beautiful central courtyard, spacious ballroom to expansive lawns.
Address: The Lalit, 2B & 2C, Jagatpura Road, Jaipur