To keep a check on the parking plight in Jaipur, the Jaipur Smart City Limited (JSCL) has proposed to construct 10 underground parking spaces at 10 new locations including Badi Chaupar, Aatish Market, Ram Leela Maidan and Sanganeri Gate Sabzi Mandi.
- Hi – Tech parkings spaces will have sensors and cameras
- Parking will also be developed at community centre behind LBS College
- For market areas like Raja Park, community centres have been proposed
- Parking spaces would also be beneath big flyovers like Gopalpura Flyover
- Parks to also be built in the city under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
The set up of these parking spaces, this would not only utilise the place, but also would reduce the encroachments. Thereby, this step could be a game changer in the scenario of traffic in Jaipur. In addition to these parking spaces, three parks would be set up in Pratap Nagar and other areas of the city that will render relief of rejuvenation to many as gym area and yoga centre would also be developed in them.