The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced re-examination for class XIIth Economics & class Xth Mathematics exam moments after the examination was conducted. If reports are to be believed the following decision was taken after it was ensured that the papers leaked on Tuesday night.
- The class 12th Economics paper was reportedly leaked on WhatsApp two nights before the exam was conducted.
- A handwritten paper was circulating on WhatsApp & one of the teacher also informed the CBSE about it.
- The class 10th Mathematics paper which was conducted today also leaked a night before.
- The CBSE took the step after the leaked paper matched the paper for which students appeared today.
- The new dates for the re-examination will be announced within a week on the official website of CBSE.\
- Class 10 mathematics paper was held on Wednesday while the Class 12 Economics paper was held on March 26.
The board has taken cognizance of certain happenings in the conduct of certain examinations as are being reported. With the view to upholding the sanctity of the Board Examinations and in the interest of the fairness to the students, the Board has decided to re-conduct the examinations in the following subjects. Dates for fresh examinations and the other details shall be hosted on the CBSE website within a week,” CBSE said in its statement today.
For more information click: http://cbse.nic.in/newsite/index.html